Latest News and Reports
- Metro Board Twenty Eight by '28 Initiative- February 2019
- Metro Board Agenda Report- February 2019
- Goldline Next Steps- July 2018
- Goldline Project Update- July 2018
- Metro Eastside Staff Report
- Attachment A - July 2015 Board Motion
- Attachment B - Project Schedule
- Attachment C - Map of North-South Route Options for Washington Boulevard
- Attachment D - Route Options Analysis and Community Outreach Executive Summary
- Motion by Fasana, Solis, and Hahn
For further information, call Martin Browne, City of Whittier at (562) 567-9480 or email Goldline@cityofwhittier.org.
Para más información, llame a Martin Browne, Ciudad de Whittier al (562) 567-9480 o envíe un correo electrónico a Goldline@cityofwhittier.org.
The Eastside Gold Line Phase II light rail project seeks to extend the Gold Line east from its current terminus at Pomona Boulevard and Atlantic Boulevard.
The Washington Boulevard Coalition supports the Atlantic Underground variation for the Washington Boulevard route to travel north-south from the Gold Line terminus to Washington Boulevard before service continues east along Washington Boulevard into Whittier. This alignment avoids objections from Montebello to the use of north-south routes in their community, better satisfies the concerns of East Los Angeles residents, and serves both the Citadel shopping area and Casino in Commerce.
Benefits of the Washington Boulevard Alignment
- Helps people get to jobs
- Connects communities to each other and to housing, education, healthcare, shopping, and entertainment
- Provides transit to more disadvantaged residents, many with limited or no access to private vehicles
- Improves traffic congestion
- Reduces air pollution
- Best supports regional land use objectives
- Provides significant opportunities for economic growth and positive community transformation
- Nine light rail stations can help the communities nearby to redevelop
- Serves more riders at a lower cost per rider than the SR-60 Freeway route
- Carries a million more passengers every year than the SR-60 Freeway route
- Highest number of new riders
The work of interested residents and businesses has been instrumental in moving forward the Washington Boulevard alternative. Together we can bring the Gold Line to Whittier – a gift for the community and generations to come.