DOG PARK OPENING UPDATE!
Whittier Dog Park12206 Philadelphia Street
Whittier, CA 90601
Dog Park Rules
Dog Park is open daily from sunrise to sunset, except Thursdays it opens at approximately 11:00 a.m. due to park maintenance.
- Dogs must be accompanied by persons 18 or older. Children under the age of 6 are not permitted in the off-leash area. Children 6 to 17 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult (18 or older) while in the off-leash areas.
- Dogs under the age of 4 months are not permitted to use the facility and owners may be cited.
- Dogs not displaying a valid and current County issued dog license (or annual permit tag, if required) will not be permitted to use the facility and owners may be cited. Dogs must be current on vaccinations and licensing. Unlicensed dogs, or dogs with communicable diseases, are not allowed on park premises at any time and the owner may be cited.
- No more than 3 dogs are allowed per adult.
- Female dogs in any stage of heat are not permitted in the park.
- It is the responsibility of owners to supervise and clean up after their dogs to ensure a clean and orderly facility; dog feces are to be immediately removed by owner.
- The park is a non-smoking facility.
- No food (for people or canines) or toys (except toss toys such as balls and Frisbees) are allowed in the off-leash area.
- Aggressive dogs are not allowed in the park. Dogs exhibiting unusually aggressive behavior are to be immediately removed.
- Owners must remain with their dogs in the park and keep their dogs in sight at all times.
- Owners must stop their dogs from digging. Any holes created by a dog must be filled by the owner.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times in the parking area; owners must carry a leash and dogs must be leashed before leaving the park.
- Users and dog owners assume full liability and are legally responsible for any injuries resulting from their actions as well as those of their pets.
- Professional dog trainers may not use this facility to conduct their business.
- Owners must abide by all City ordinances and policies.
- Anyone who abandons an animal is subject to a $500 fine and/or up to six months in jail. California Penal Code Section 597S.
- Unleashing of dogs will be at the owner’s own risk.
Emergency or after 5:00 p.m., and Holidays: 562/567-9240